Wednesday 14 March 2012

Another week from the Holy Land

Sunday was the start of my week at Rambam school, everything went well in the sessions apart from one class which are always a bit loud and hyper and 2 kids decided they wanted to fight each other, I was on my own and none of them understand English nor do I speak Hebrew so I had to try and break them up and keep them calm before going inside to find a teacher to sort it out. Apart from that all the other classes were fine.

Monday I was at Eshkol with Avi who helps out, a warm sunny day and I wanted to stay longer than the school day I was enjoying myself that much. We did some work on passing thorugh the gate where they pass through the cones and if they make a set amount of passes they make the gate smaller, if they miss or hit the markers then they make it bigger, we did this with both feet using inside and outside of the foot techniques, mixed in with competitions and everyone moving one side to the right when the whistle was blown, they really enjoyed it and later on during a breaktime I found out the girls and boys will be playing in the tournaement ive been invited to by other schools this Sunday which hopefully I can attend. At breaktime I coached the girls team that will be playing as they wanted to get some extra practice in before the event. After the school I went with Avi to the cinema where we watched a new movie called 'We bought a zoo' with Scarlet Johansson, quite a good movie for the family to watch, we both really enjoyed it.

Tuesday I was at El Manara school and I actually had one of mine and Denys' best friends take us, that is an annoying taxi driver who is always mad and drives in lets just say a bit of a rush, when I said El Manara to him he said no english however El Manara was not english the last time I checked! In fact he took us to this school instead of another one time so im not sure how he didn't know it, anyway I got there in the end to find out Yaqob one of the assisstants wasn't going to turn up so another day on my own in a small area and 30 kids per class who don't understand English and the teacher doesn't speak any English who has other classes going on somewhere else at the same time but once again got through it with no problems and even joined in a couple games with them which they got excited about.

Wednesday was Herzog school followed by a trip to the zoo with avi then lunch at the mall after. The zoo was better than I thought and had everything, lama's, kangaroos, alligators, monkeys, snakes, giraffes, zebras and much more! We took a good walk around including walking with small monkeys and through the reptiles centre which I don't know why because we both agreed we hated snakes. The best part wa watching the monkeys chasing each other and also walking through the section with the smaller monkeys which just run across your feet and come right up next to you.



Early tomorrow morning I am going for my last trip with tour guide Danny Arama for a 2 night stay in the dead sea. Then I'll be back Saturday ready for my last week in Israel which will include a lot of fun and games for the schools.

Once I am back from the trip I will update the blog with details and photos.

Thanks for reading,

Joe.

No comments:

Post a Comment