Tuesday 6 March 2012

Tuesday, sun, work & beach

Today I had work at the Arabic school El Manara from 8-2. The schools fun btu quite tiring as its a small area with 30 kids and no breaks in between plus nowhere to sit down, the outside area where we teach is also next door to a secondary school so theres always noise and people hanging around, plus no gate where we coach so people just walk in. After the school Yossi phoned me and we went down to the beach in Akko for a short while, the beach was empty. I decided to have a go on the monkey bars and the gym area before playing football in the goals they have set up there, if only all gym areas had excellent weather and views then id probably go more often. We played football doing some kick ups, kicking around then as everyone does in Israel Yossi wanted to get competitive and have a penalty shoot out competition which I beat him at twice. I don't think I'll be seeing much rain in my remaining time here and jusding by the forcecast the weather is going to get a lot hotter.

Me and Yossi at the beach

Gym area





At 4pm I went to Bustan Hagalil to the disability session, unfortunatly it was very quiet there with only a few staff and a couple of people who live there as I found out everyone else had gone out to get things for their Purim party on Thursday so the session was cancelled but I still had time to talk to the few people there plus one of the workers told me it was her friends birthday and he supports Arsenal so would I make a short video to send him wishing him Happy Birthday which I of course did, he then text back saying "Thanks mate" at which point I discovered he had lived in London for 2-3 years, he shortly after called and we had a quick chat about all things London and Arsenal. I have also been invited to their Purim party at the centre, Purim is similar to Halloween with costumes etc.

So that is where im upto for now, the weather was like a summers day today and the evening was just as nice so I sat outside the apartment for a while and also had a chat with one of the Americans living next door to me, here working & studying archaeology. I'm going to watch the Arsenal vs Ac Milan game tonight, it's a big gap but nothing to lose so lets hope for a decent performance and maybe even a 5-0 victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment